- Whole Chicken1
- Soy Sauce1/2 Cups
- White Vinegar3/4 Cups
- Garlic5 ClovesMinced
- Ginger2 TablespoonsChopped
- Bay Leaves2
- Peppercorns1/2 Tablespoons
1) Heat up a skillet over moderate flame.
2) Stir in soy sauce, vinegar and stir for half a minute.
3) Add in ginger, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns and the chicken. Mix and coat well. Bring the mixute to a boil.
4) Lower the flame to low setting and cover the skillet. Leave to cook for half an hour.
5) Disclose the cover and cook for some more time. Once done, the liquid should be half gone.
6) Transfer the cooked chicken to a platter. Top with the sauce left behind in the skillet and serve with Singaporean rice!
What more can anybody say about the dish other than that its Philippines national food dish. The saucy combination of vinegar, garlic , ginger and soy sauce is just incredible in this Adobo Chicken with Ginger Recipe. Serve with warm Singaporean rice for the best combo!