- Non stick Cooking Spray
- Chicken Broth2.5 Cups
- Brown and Wild Rice Mix1.5 Cups
- Butter3 Tablespoons
- Almonds1 CupsSlivered
- Parsley2 Tablespoons
- Cranberries1 CupsSweetened and Dried
- Salt and PepperTo Taste
Steps to make Almond Wild Rice Recipe:
1) Prepare the baking oven and flame it up to the 185 degree Celsius mark.
2) Slightly grease a baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
3) Add chicken broth to a stock pot and bring to a boil over moderate flame.
4) Add rice mix to the greased baking dish and top with the boiled chicken broth.
5) Seal the baking dish using aluminium foil. Cover properly.
6) Bake the rice in the preheated oven for 60 minutes or until soft.
7) Heat up butter in a skillet over moderate flame. Add almonds and stir fry for a few minutes.
8) Add parsley to the frying almonds and stir fry for 3 additional minutes.
9) Now take a large mixing bowl and toss together salt, pepper, cranberries, fried almonds and baked rice. Serve hot!
This Almond Wild Rice Recipe is a purely exotic rice dish. One would say the method and the flavors are more like Middle eastern, but who cares, they are fabulous! A brilliant combination of wild and brown rice with a slight hint of sweet flavors. Amazing stuff, must try for sure!