- Chicken breast halves4skinless, boneless
- Garlic Salt1 Pinch
- Black Pepperto taste
- Butter2 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil1 Tablespoons
- Mushrooms1 Pounds
- Garlic2 Cloves
- Saltto taste
- Apple Cider1 1/4 Cups
- Swiss Cheese4 Slices
1) Add garlic salt and black pepper according to taste over chicken breast halves.
2) Place a skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon each of butter and olive oil. Let the butter melt.
3) Add the seasoned chicken pieces in the skillet and cook them for about 4 minutes; then turn over the pieces and cook again for about 4 minutes, so that they turn quite brown.
4) Transfer the cooked chicken pieces to a plate and set the plate aside.
5) Then add another tbsp of butter in the skillet and let it melt.
6) Add mushrooms in the skillet and then add garlic, salt, and pepper in it. Cook for about 10 minutes so that the mushrooms become quite tender.
7) Now add apple cider into the skillet and let it come to a boil; do scrape the browned bits off the pan using a wooden spoon.
8) Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes so that the mixture is quite reduced.
9) Place the chicken pieces back in the skillet and reduce the heat from high to medium and cover the skillet; cook the chicken for about 25 minutes so that the juices are quite clear and the chicken is not pink anymore.
10) Insert an instant thermometer in the center of the chicken and make sure it reads 74 C/165 F.
11) Arrange a piece of Swiss cheese over all the chicken pieces and then cover the skillet again.
12) Cook the chicken for about 2 minutes so that the cheese gets melted.
13) Serve apple cider chicken with mushrooms along with rice or bread, a sauce, and a salad.
Chicken recipes are great to have for any of your favorite meals; this time around I added apple cider chicken with mushrooms and the experiment was quite well. Garlic salt, black pepper, and garlic give it the just perfect spice while mushrooms, chicken, and garlic make it quite healthy. Last but not the least, Swiss Cheese adds the cheesy texture to the recipe. I am sure you are going to enjoy this perfect chicken main dish. You can prepare this fabulous chicken main dish in less than an hour.