- Chicken breast halves3skinless, boneless
- Salt and Black Pepperto taste
- Shallots1/4 Cupsminced
- Apple Cider Vinegar1 Tablespoons
- Sweet apple cider2 Cups
- Sweet Apple1
- Chicken Broth1 Cups
- Cornstarch3 Teaspoons
- Fresh thyme leaves2 Tablespoons
- Dijon Mustard1 Teaspoons
- Salt and Pepperto taste
1) Add salt and pepper according to taste over chicken cutlets.
2) Place a skillet over high heat and let it get quite hot.
3) Add oil in the skillet and then add the seasoned chicken cutlets in it.
4) Cook the chicken pieces for about 5 minutes per side so that they are quite golden brown from both the sides.
5) Remove the chicken pieces from the skillet and place them on a plate. Set the plate aside.
6) Add shallots in the skillet and cook them over high heat.
7) Then add apple cider vinegar in the skillet and do scrape the bottom of the skillet, so that you get all the shallots and chicken pieces.
8) Do add apple cider and the apple slices in the skillet before the vinegar evaporates from the skillet.
9) Cook the mixture over high heat for about 3 minutes so that the sauce gets reduced; by this time, the apple and the shallots would have become much soft and tender.
10) Place chicken broth in a small bowl and add cornstarch in it; mix well until there are no more lumps in the mixture.
11) Add this cornstarch mixture slowly to the skillet and mix well so that the sauce becomes thick enough.
12) Add salt, pepper, mustard, and thyme in the skillet and mix well.
13) Add the chicken pieces in the skillet along with it juices and reduce the heat to medium; cook the mixture for at least 10 minutes so that the chicken is well cooked.
14) Serve the apple cider chicken with hot cooked rice.
Chicken is a wonderful meat to include in the diet, not only because of its health benefits, but also due to the fact that it can be cooked in a number of amazing ways. This time around I decided to share the recipe for apple cider chicken. I got this recipe from a friend of mine and absolutely loved it since I enjoyed it for the very first time. Thyme, mustard, apple slices, shallots, and chicken broth are combined in this amazing recipe to give you the taste you have always craved for. The great thing about this recipe is that you can execute it in just about half an hour.