- Chicken Wings8
- Soy Sauce4 Tablespoons
- Oyster Sauce3 Tablespoons
- Sweet Sherry3 Tablespoons
- Salt and Pepperto taste
- All Purpose Flour1/2 Cups
- Corn Flour1/2 Cups
- Oil1 Quarts
1) Place the chicken wings in a large bowl.
2) In another bowl, mix soy sauce with salt and pepper. Add sherry and oyster sauce and mix well again.
3) Now pour this soy sauce mixture over the chicken wings. Toss the chicken wings so that they are well coated with the marination.
4) Cover the bowl and place it in a refrigerator for about 12 hours.
1) Remove the chicken pieces from the bowl and discard the marinade.
2) Place all purpose flour in a bowl and add corn flour in it; Mix well.
3) Then place the chicken wings in the bowl and toss them so that the wings are well coated with flour mixture.
4) Pour oil in a skillet and bring the skillet over heat. Let the oil get hot.
5) Place the chicken wings in the oil and fry the wings until they are well cooked and are quite crispy. Juices should be clear up till now.
6) Drain the chicken wings over paper towels and serve them with any of your favorite sauces.
Australian chicken wings are quite popular, not even in Australia, but all over the world. The special aspect of this recipe is the marination process – though it takes quite a time but the secret is that the marination process is what makes it so yummy and delicious. Soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sherry add the just perfect taste to it while salt and pepper add the characteristic spice to the chicken wings. Apart from the marination, the recipe takes about 40 minutes to get ready, which is quite a good time for such a delicious recipe.