- Onion1small to medium
- Green Chili1
- Parsley1 Teaspoons
- Full Fat Yogurt5 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil2/3 Tablespoonsoptional
- Lemon Juice1/2 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper Powder1/4 Teaspoons
- Red Chili Powder1 Pinch
- Roasted Cumin Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Saltto taste
1) Place yogurt in a bowl and beat it well until it becomes smooth.
2) Add olive oil in the yogurt along with cumin powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
3) Then add red chili powder and lemon juice in the bowl and whisk well so that the mixture becomes smooth. Set the dressing aside.
4) Peel off the tomato and cucumber and chop them into small pieces.
5) Then chop the onion and green chili into fine pieces.
6) Cut the avocado into slices and remove the seed from it.
7) Extract the fruit flesh from the avocado using a spoon.
8) Chop the avocado into fine pieces and set aside a few slices for garnishing the salad.
9) Place avocado, green chilies, onion, tomatoes, and cucumber in a bowl.
10) Pour the yogurt dressing over the chopped veggies.
11) Garnish the salad with avocado slices and parsley leaves.
12) Serve the avocado salad with yogurt dressing as a perfect side dish.
I use avocado in a number of ways – sometimes, I make a glass of avocado milkshake while at times I enjoy it as a fruit. But the best way to enjoy this delicious fruit is through avocado salad. Avocado salad with yogurt dressing is a light and refreshing salad that is mostly served in summers. A delicious combination of avocado, yogurt, and spices, this salad is certainly a perfect summer salad. I could name the recipe as avocado yogurt dip but as I have made a dressing of yogurt, so I would like to call it as avocado salad with yogurt dressing. Onion, tomato, and cucumber not only add a perfect health punch to the salad but also make the salad taste great. The salad can also be served as an appetizer. You may not add green chili in the salad if you don’t like it.