- Chicken breast halves4skinless, boneless
- Green Bell Peppers4
- Celery8 Stalks
- Green Onions8
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley1/4 Cups
- Olive Oil1/2 Cups
- Salt1 Teaspoons
- Italian seasoning1 Teaspoons
- Chili Powder1 Teaspoons
- Lemon Powder1 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper4 Pinch
1) Preheat the oven to 190 C/ 375 F.
2) Place the chicken breast pieces over a baking sheet.
3) Cut the carrots and bell peppers into slices and finely chop celery, onion, parsley.
4) Now spread these veggies around the chicken pieces over the baking sheet.
5) Spread some olive oil over the chicken and veggies and then add salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, and chili powder.
6) Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about half an hour so that the juices are quite clear and the chicken is not pink anymore; insert an instant thermometer in the chicken and make sure it reads 74 C/ 165 F.
7) Serve the baked chicken breasts along with bread, tomato sauce, and a veggie salad.
Quick and easy dinners always captivate my attention; the reason is obvious. I am often so tired that I don’t want to spend much time in cooking a dinner. Here I am left with two options; either buy something from the market or cook some simple and easy dinner. The former option may seem easy but isn’t healthy in any case; so I prefer to cook simple and healthy dinner for my meal. Baked chicken breasts is one such recipe. Addition of veggies in the recipe make it extra healthier, and of course, delicious too. You need to adjust the level of spices according to taste. You can execute this simple and easy recipe in less than an hour.