- Olive Oil2 Tablespoons
- Panko Bread Crumbs2 Cups
- Salt2 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper1/2 Teaspoons
- All Purpose Flour1 Cups
- Water1/4 Cups
- Onion1/2 Cupschopped
- Garlic3 Cloves
- Goat Cheese5 Ounces
- Provolone Cheese1 Cupsshredded
- Parsley2 Tablespoons
- Basil Leaves2 Tablespoons
- Pomegranate Molasses1/2 Cups
1) Prepare the oven by heating it up to 230 C/450 F; generously grease two baking sheets with olive oil or cooking spray (butter also goes great for this purpose).
2) Cut a long eggplant into slices, each slice being 1/3-inch thick.
3) Place the panko crumbs in a bowl and add salt and pepper over it (1/2 tsp). Mix well.
4) Mix an egg with water in another bowl and place a cup of all purpose flour in another bowl.
5) Now roll the eggplant slices, one after the other with flour, and shake off the excess flour.
6) Then dip all the slices in the egg-water mixture and then coat them with the panko crumbs.
7) Place the coated eggplant slices in the prepared oven and bake for about 12 minutes.
8) Now flip over the eggplant slices and bake for another 12 minutes so that they turn golden brown in color.
9) Remove the eggplant slices from the oven and let them cool; don’t turn off the oven.
10) Pour a tbsp of oil in a skillet and bring the skillet over medium heat; let the oil get hot.
11) Chop the onion into fine pieces and add them in the skillet; cook the onion until they are well cooked.
12) Then add minced garlic in the skillet and cook for another minute.
13) Remove the skillet from the heat and then add chopped leaves of basil and parsley, provolone cheese, and goat cheese in it.
14) Add pepper to the mixture according to taste.
15) Now evenly spread the cheese mixture over 8 baked eggplant slices.
16) Then add the remaining eggplant slices over the cheese mixture and press well.
17) Place the mixture back to the baking sheets.
18) Then place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes so that the eggplant slices are quite crispy.
19) Transfer the baked eggplant sandwiches to serving plate and drizzle some pomegranate molasses over them.
Baked eggplant sandwiches are not only delicious in taste but carry a perfect health texture too. You just need to spend about 45 minutes in the kitchen to get these sandwiches ready. Serve them as desired to enjoy a perfect meal.