- Bread Crumbs1/4 Cups
- Vegetable Oil2 Tablespoons
- Ground Beef1/2 Pounds
- Garlic1 Cloves
- Whole Tomatoes14 1/2 Ounceswith juice
- Cooked Rice1/4 Cups
- Italian cheese blend1/4 Cups
- Egg1hard-boiled; diced
- Basil1/4 Teaspoons
- Salt and Pepperto taste
1) Heat up the oven to 175 C/350 F.
2) Place the bread crumbs in a bowl and add water in the bowl so that the bread crumbs are well immersed. Let the crumbs soak well.
3) Put vegetable oil in a large skillet and let it get hot.
4) Chop a small onion and a garlic clove into fine pieces.
5) Cut an eggplant into halves and remove the pulp from the inner part of the veggie.
6) Add garlic, chopped onion, and ground beef in the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes. Make sure that the beef is quite browned.
7) Add eggplant in the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes so that the eggplant is well cooked.
8) Remove the skillet from heat and let it cool down.
9) Remove the surplus water from the bread crumbs and then transfer them to a large bowl.
10) Add the beef mixture, egg, basil, rice, half of the tomatoes, and Italian cheese blend in the bowl. Mix well so that the mixture is quite smooth. Do add more tomato juices if the mixture is quite dry.
11) Add salt and pepper according to taste.
12) Now do fill the eggplant shells with the mixture and place them in a large baking dish.
13) Add the remaining tomatoes over the eggplants and place a sheet of aluminum foil over the baking dish.
14) Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
15) Remove the aluminum foil from the baking dish and bake for another 10 minutes, uncovered; male sure the edges turn brown.
16) Serve the baked eggplant with ground beef with bread or rice.
Beef and eggplant make a perfect combination with some other super ingredients. Do prepare this delicious main dish in just about an hour or so and enjoy a perfect dinner.