- Butter3 Tablespoons
- White Mushrooms8 Ounces
- Celery2 Stalks
- All Purpose Flour3 Tablespoons
- Milk3 1/2 Cups
- Cream Cheese8 Ounces
- Worcestershire Sauce1 Tablespoons
- Salt1 1/2 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper1/4 Teaspoons
- Nutmeg1/4 Teaspoons
- Cooked Turkey3 Cupscubed; leftover
- Pea1 Cups
- Egg Noodles8 Ounces
- Parmesan Cheese1/2 Cupsgrated
- Bread Crumbs1/2 Cups
- Butter3 Tablespoonsmelted
1) Add 3 tbsp of butter in a skillet and bring the skillet over medium heat. Let the butter melt.
2) Add celery, onion, and mushroom in the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes so that the veggies are well cooked.
3) Spread flour over the mushroom mixture and mix well so that the veggies are well coated with the flour.
4) Add milk, salt and pepper, nutmeg, cream cheese, and Worcestershire sauce in the skillet. Mix well.
5) Cook the mixture for about 10 minutes so that cream cheese gets melted and the sauce is quite warm.
6) Then add peas and turkey in the skillet and mix well again.
7) Preheat the oven to 175 C/ 350 F and generously grease a large baking dish (9 x 13).
8) Pour generously salted water in a pot and bring it over heat; let the water boil.
9) Add egg noodles in the pot and cook them for about 5 minutes so that the noodles are just cooked; make sure they are quite firm if bitten; do stir well while you cook the noodles.
10) Remove the noodles from the pot and add them to the turkey mixture and then stir well.
11) Transfer the mixture to the greased baking dish.
12) Place bread crumbs in a bowl and do add melted butter in the bowl; then do add Parmesan cheese in it and mix well so that the mixture is quite crumbly.
13) Sprinkle this bread crumb mixture over the noodles mixture.
14) Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about half an hour so that the top gets browned and the sauce gets to bubble.
15) Serve baked turkey tetrazzini warm.
Are you having some turkey leftovers with you? Are you thinking of using them in a quick and easy way? Yes? Then let me tell you a perfect way to use the leftovers - Baked Turkey Tetrazzini. It’s a great way to combine some very delicious ingredients such as egg noodles, vegetables, and of course, turkey. What about trying the recipe with chicken too? It would certainly taste great! The great thing is that you can easily increase the amount of ingredients by 200% if desired.