- Butter1/2 Cupssoftened
- White Sugar1 Cups
- Vanilla Extract1 Teaspoons
- Bananas1 1/2 Cupsmashed
- All Purpose Flour1 1/2 Cups
- Baking Soda1 Teaspoons
- Baking Powder1 Teaspoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Cocoa Powder1/4 Cupsunsweetened
1) Preheat the oven to 175 C.
2) Use butter to generously grease a baking pan (9 x 13).
3) Place butter in a large bowl and then add sugar in it.
4) Beat the mixture well using a hand-held electric mixer, until the butter becomes foamy and light.
5) Add vanilla extract and egg and again beat well so that that the mixture becomes uniform.
6) Now add mashed bananas and mix well again. Set the bowl aside once done.
7) Place flour in another bowl and add salt, baking powder, and baking soda in it.
8) Mix the ingredients well and make a well with your hands in the center of the mixture.
9) Transfer the banana mixture in the well and mix well so that the mixture becomes well combined.
10) Divide the batter into two parts and transfer a part to another bowl.
11) Now add cocoa powder in one of the parts and mix well until cocoa powder is well mixed.
12) Then transfer the batter to the prepared pan and then transfer the other half of the batter over it.
13) Place the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes so that the edges turn golden in color.
14) Allow it to cool and then cut it into 24 bars.
15) Serve these delicious banana cocoa bars as an afternoon snack.
Banana Cocoa Bars are a perfect combination of banana and cocoa, which will let you enjoy your afternoons the way you want them to be. Adjust the amount of sugar according to taste or skip it if you are using sweetened cocoa.