- Shortening1/2 Cups
- White Sugar1 Cups
- Vanilla Extract1/2 Teaspoons
- All Purpose Flour1 Cups
- Quick Cooking Oats1 Cups
- Baking Soda1 Teaspoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Milk1/4 Cups
- Cinnamon1/2 Teaspoons
- Bananas1 1/2 Cupsmashed
- Raisins1/2 Cupschopped
1) Preheat the oven to 175 C/ 350 F and then generously grease a loaf pan with butter or cooking spray (9 x 5). Set the pan aside.
2) Place the shortening in a bowl and add sugar in it. Beat well so that the mixture is quite smooth.
3) Add vanilla extract and eggs in the bowl and beat well so that the mixture is quite smooth and creamy.
4) Place flour in another bowl and add salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and oatmeal in it. Mix well.
5) Then mix the flour mixture with milk and bananas alternately and make sure you end with the flour mixture; mix well until the mixture is quite smooth.
6) Add raisins in the bowl and mix well again; transfer the batter to the greased pan.
7) Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for about an hour.
8) Remove the pan from the preheated oven and cover the pan; let the pan cool for about 5 minutes.
9) Cut the banana oatmeal bread into slices and serve it with a cup of milk or tea; serve the bread in the breakfast or as an afternoon snack.
Banana bread recipes let me enjoy a perfect breakfast in the morning – not only great in taste, but banana bread also makes me inculcate a perfect power punch in myself. Banana oatmeal bread is a great variation to the original banana bread recipe. Moist and delicious, banana oatmeal bread is served with a cup of tea or milk to enjoy a perfect breakfast – gets ready in just about 80 minutes.