- White Sugar1/4 Cups
- Cinnamon1 Teaspoons
- Butter3/4 Cups
- White Sugar3 Cups
- Bananas6very ripe; mashed
- Sour Cream16 Ounces
- Vanilla Extract2 Ounces
- Cinnamon2 Teaspoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Baking Soda3 Teaspoons
- All Purpose Flour4 1/2 Cups
- Walnuts1 Cupschopped
1) First of all preheat the oven to 150 C/ 300 F and then generously grease a loaf pan (7 x 3) with butter or cooking spray.
2) Place quarter a cup of sugar in a bowl and add a teaspoon of cinnamon in it. Mix well.
3) Now generously dust the loaf pans generously with the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
4) Place butter in a large bowl and add 3 cups of sugar in it; beat well so that the mixture is quite smooth and creamy.
5) Add eggs, cinnamon, mashed bananas, vanilla, and sour cream in the bowl and mix well.
6) Then add flour, salt, and baking soda in the bowl and mix well.
7) Add nuts in the bowl and mix well again.
8) Transfer the batter to the greased pans in equal amounts and place the pans in the preheated oven.
9) Bake for about 60 minutes in the preheated oven; poke a teaser in the center of the bread and make sure it comes out clean.
10) Let the bread cool in the loaf pans for about 10 minutes; then transfer the bread to a wire rack and let it cool completely.
11) Cut the banana sour cream bread into slices and serve it along a cup of tea.
Banana breads are quite great for a breakfast; also goes great a snack. Banana sour cream bread is a perfect combination of sour cream, white sugar, butter, eggs, and some other ingredients. The special thing about this bread is the creamy texture, which is added in the bread due to the presence of sour cream. When I first enjoyed this bread, it was so moist that I thought that I am enjoying some cream cake instead of some bread. Get to prepare this amazing bread in just about an hour or so.