- Whole Wheat Flour2 Cups
- Wheat Germ1/4 Cups
- Salt1 Teaspoons
- Baking Soda1 Teaspoons
- Bananas1 1/2 Cupsmashed
- Vegetable Oil1/4 Cups
- Honey1/2 Cups
- Vanilla Extract1 Teaspoons
- Pecans1/2 Cupschopped
1) Preheat an oven to 175 C/ 350 F and then generously grease a loaf pan (9 x 5) with butter or olive oil.
2) Place mashed bananas in a bowl and add vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and honey in it; mix well.
3) Break open the eggs in a small cup and beat them well; add the beaten eggs to the bowl and mix well again.
4) Place flour in a large-sized bowl and add baking soda, wheat germ, and salt in it. Mix well.
5) Then make a small well in the center of the mixture and add the banana mixture in the well.
6) Do mix well so that the flour mixture is well moistened with the eggs mixture; then add nuts in the bowl and give it another mix.
7) Transfer the prepared batter to the greased pan and place the pan in the preheated oven.
8) Bake for about an hour so that the bread is well baked; insert a teaser in the center of the bread and make sure it comes out clean.
9) Transfer the banana wheat bread to a wire rack and let it cool; serve it as desired.
Banana Wheat bread is one of the healthiest breads I have ever enjoyed. The great thing is that it can be prepared quite easily, though it takes about 90 minutes to get ready. I make quite an amount of it and store it in a refrigerator so that I am able to enjoy it in the breakfast. Do couple the bread slices along a cup of tea and get to enjoy a perfect breakfast.