- Beef0.75 Kilograms
- All Purpose Flour2 Tablespoons
- Garlic4 ClovesMinced
- CardamomFor Flavor
- Bay Leaf1
- Garam Masala2 Teaspoons
- Aniseeds1 Teaspoons
- Red Chili Powder1 Teaspoons
- Nutmeg1/8 Teaspoons
- Mace1/8 Teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- SaltTo Taste
- Garlic1/2 Tablespoons
- Ginger1/2 TablespoonsChopped
- Cooking Oil1/4 Cups
- Fried Onion for garnishing
- Green Chillies for garnishingChopped
1) Fry oil in a large cooking pan over medium-high heat. Saute onions until evenly brown.
2) Transfer the fried onions to a tissue papered plate and leave to dry.
3) Crush the fried onions with your hands and add them back to skillet once they have dried.
4) Add garam masala powder, ginger, garlic, red chili, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, turmeric and salt to taste. Stir well.
5) Add beef and mix and coat well until the oil settles on top.
6) Throw in the cardamoms, fennel seeds and stir in water. Cook until the beef becomes soft.
7) In a small bowl, whisk together milk and corn flour and stir the mixture in the pan. Keep stirring heavily.
8) Reduce the flame to low setting and leave to cook for 15 minutes.
9) Stir well for a couple minutes on high flame.
10) Serve your delicious beef Nehari with garnished green chillies, fried onions and chopped ginger
Nihari is arguably amongst the most favorite Desi dishes of all times. Cooking it is not as simple a task it may seem, but the final product is a must have for almost every Desi food lover. Here's a typical Beef Nihari Recipe for you people to enjoy. An easier version of the real recipe. Enjoy!