- Vegetable Oil2 Tablespoons
- White Rice1 CupsUncooked
- Onion1/2 CupsChopped
- Green Bell Pepper1/2 CupsChopped
- Beef1 PoundsMinced
- Canned Corn1 Cups
- Tomato Sauce6 Ounces
- Ketchup1/2 Cups
- Water1 Cups
- Garlic Powder. Salt and Black PepperTo Taste
1) Heat up oil in a skillet over moderate flame.
2) Add in the rice, green bell pepper and onion. Toss and stir fry for 5 minutes time or until the onions are soft.
3) Add in the ground beef. Mix all ingredients thoroughly over flame and fry until the beef is evenly brown.
4) Filter off any excess fatty liquids generated by the beef.
5) Stir in water, ketchup and tomato sauce. Then add corn.
6) Mix thoroughlya and turn the heat down to low. Leave to cook for 20 minutes time.
7) Once done, the rice should be well cooked. Sprinkle salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper. Mix well and serve hot!
Being a Spanish food lover, this Beefy Spanish Rice Recipe always tastes pleasing for me and my family. My mom who lived in Spain for 10 years of her life, taught me this dish. It is easy and simple and comes with a delicious beef, rice and vege combo that you will never forget. Can make for a real filling family meal.