- Bread10 Slices
- Whole Milk3 Cupsfull-fat
- Unrefined Cane Sugar6 Tablespoons
- Corn starch2 Tablespoons
- Butter3 Tablespoons
- Vanilla Extract3 Teaspoons
- Golden Raisins2 Tablespoons
- Brown Sugar1 Tablespoons
- Nutmeg Powder2 Pinch
- Cinnamon Powder2 Pinch
1) Use butter to grease a round pan and also apply butter on the slices from one side.
2) Cut the bread slices into small rectangles.
3) Keep the buttered side upwards while you place the slices in a baking tray.
4) Spread some raisins on the bottom layer and then place another layer of bread slices. Spread some raisins and then set it aside.
5) Preheat the oven to 180 C.
6) Pour milk in a pan and add sugar and corn starch in it.
7) Mix well and bring the pan over low heat and continue to mix well so that the mixture becomes thick and there are no lumps.
8) Add cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, and nutmeg powder and mix well again.
9) Transfer the mixture over the bread layer and add a bit of butter and brown sugar over it.
10) Bake for about 40 minutes so that a teaser poked in the middle of the cake comes out clean, the top becomes brown, and the pudding is well set.
11) Allow the pudding to cool o a wire rack, cut it into slices, and serve.
Bread Butter Pudding is a perfect combination of butter, whole wheat bread, and custard sauce which can be served as a perfect snack. It’s a great snack too if you top it with caramel or chocolate sauce. You will not only love the taste, but the aroma is great too.