- Nonstick spray
- Boiling water1 Cups
- Dutch-process cocoa4 Ounces
- Dark brown sugar10 1/2 Ounces
- All purpose flour5 1/2 Ounces
- Cake flour4 Ounces
- Baking soda1 Teaspoons
- Kosher Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Vegetable oil1 Cups
- Sour cream4 1/2 Ounces
- Whole eggs2large
- Egg yolks2large
- Butter5 1/2 Ouncesunsalted
- Mayonnaise1 Ounces
- Semi-sweet chocolate3 Ouncesmelted and cooled
- Powdered sugar8 Ounces
- Kosher Salt1 Pinch
1) Place an oven rack in the middle portion of the oven.
2) Preheat the oven to 325 F.
3) Apply a light coat of nonstick cooking spray on a metal pan (13 x 9).
4) Line the pan with a sheet of parchment paper. Make sure it hangs over the sides of the metal pan.
5) Spray the parchment paper with nonstick spray and set aside the pan.
6) Pour boiling water in a small bowl and add cocoa powder to it. Mix the ingredients well and set aside the bowl.
7) Place baking soda, salt, sugar, all purpose flour, and cake flour in a bowl of an electric mixer (having a paddle attachment). Beat well until the ingredients are well incorporated.
8) Place sour cream, egg yolks, egg, and oil in a large vessel and beat well until the ingredients are well incorporated.
9) Add oil mixture to the cocoa mixture and beat it slowly so that the ingredients are well combined.
10) Reduce the speed of the mixer to low.
11) Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and beat it for about 60 seconds.
12) Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
13) Beat it again for another 15 seconds so that the batter becomes smooth.
14) Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
15) Bake it for about 35 minutes. Make sure the cake spring backs if you touch it lightly and gets to a temperature of 205 F (use a thermometer for it).
16) Transfer the pan to a wire rack and allow it to cool for about half an hour.
17) Remove the cake from the pan and allow it to cool for an hour.
1) Place mayonnaise and butter in a bowl and beat it well for about 4 minutes on high speed.
2) Reduce the speed of the mixer and add the melted chocolate to it.
3) Beat the mixture on low speed until all the chocolate in well mixed. Do stop the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl as required.
4) Turn the mixer off and add one-third of the sugar to it.
5) Beat the mixture on low speed until all the sugar has been well mixed. Stop the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the mixer.
6) Add salt to the mixture and beat for about 3 minutes so that the frosting becomes smooth and turns a bit light in color.
7) Store the frosting in airtight jar for about 4 hours at room temperature or refrigerate it for 7 days
Are you in love with brown chocolate? Studies have shown that chocolate keeps a control over our overeating habits, and prevents from obesity, diabetes, and blood pressure. This is why, you must make chocolates a part of your daily diet. This brown chocolate cake is a wonderful recipe. Once you make it, you would stop relying upon the cake shops for ordering your favorite cake.