- Brown Rice2 Cupscooked
- Milk3 Cups
- Raisins2 Tablespoons
- Sugar1/4 Cups
- Butter1 Tablespoonsunsalted
- Nutmeg1/2 Teaspoonsground
- Cinnamon1/2 Teaspoonsground
1) Pour milk in a saucepan and add sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and cooked rice in it.
2) Bring the saucepan over low-heat and cook the mixture for about 20 minutes until it becomes creamy and thick and the milk is well absorbed. Do stir it well so that it doesn’t stick to the pan.
3) Turn off the stove and add butter and ground nutmeg in it. Stir the ingredients well.
4) Transfer the mixture to serving bowl and refrigerate it for about 120 minutes.
5) Serve the dessert chilled.
White Rice Pudding is great; but it’s certainly not a good option for those who are either diabetic or following a tough diet schedule. For all those, I have shared this brown rice pudding recipe which is a low-calorie, low-fat pudding. To make it even healthier, you can replace sugar with honey or maple syrup. You can give it a fruity touch by adding chopped pieces of fresh fruits such as apple, strawberry, and banana. Roasted almonds, walnuts, and cashews can also be added in the recipe to give it a nutty touch. The pudding is not only a great option for breakfast, but can also be served as a dessert after dinner or lunch.