- Candy Corn1 Pounds
- Crunchy Peanut Butter18 Ounces
- Semisweet chocolate chips6 Ounces
- Vegetable shortening1 Tablespoons
1) Arrange a sheet of parchment paper over a baking pan (9 x 13).
2) Place the candy corn in a bowl (microwave-safe, non-plastic) and then place the bowl in a microwave oven.
3) Heat the corn candy repeatedly (half a minute for each interval) so that it melts well and becomes smooth. Do not forget to stir it after every interval and make sure the candy is quite warm.
4) Add peanut butter in the corn candy and mix well until the mixture is quite smooth.
5) Now transfer the mixture to the lined pan and press the candy well to the pan corners.
6) Set a double boiler over simmering water and add vegetable shortening and chocolate chips in it.
7) Heat the chocolate chips until the chocolate melts and the mixture is just smooth.
8) Now spread this hot chocolate mixture over the peanut candy.
9) Place the bowl in the refrigerator for about half an hour so that the candy is quite set.
10) Cut the candy into bars and serve these appetizing butter fingers candy.
Butter fingers candy is sold by some popular brands in the market but it’s great to prepare these candies at home. Let me say that the taste of the homemade candy is much better than the one sold in the market. What about spreading some chocolate shavings over the butter fingers to decorate the candy?