- Large Shrimp1 PoundsPeeled, Deveined and Butterflied
- Water1 Quarts
- Cornstarch1.5 Cups
- Bread Crumbs2 Cups
- Oil For Deep Frying5 Cups
1) Add oil to a deep frying pan and heat it up to high flame.
2) Take a bowl and mix cornstarch with water and eggs. Beat and whisk well.
3) Fill another bowl with bread crumbs.
4) Coat the shrimp first in the cornstarch mixture and then with the bread crumbs.
5) Repeat the cornstarch coating and the bread crumbs coating.
6) Do this for all shrimps and then add them to the hot deep fryer. Fry in the hot oil until the shrimp are evenly brown. Serve with your favorite dip sauce.
Note: During the frying process, be careful not to throw all the shrimps at once, fry only 1 or 2 shrimp at a time.
One of the most commonly found and delicious dishes in any Chinese restaurant around the world. These Butterfly Shrimp Recipe are more delicious, crispy and tasty than the ones serve at restaurants. The batter is perfectly balanced, which makes for an exquisite flavor and as a result a wonderful and amazing shrimp meal.