- Self-raising Flour4 Cups
- White Sugar1 Tablespoons
- Baking Powder1 Tablespoons
- Shortening2/3 Cups
- Buttermilk2 1/4 Cups
1) Preheat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F.
2) Generously grease a couple of baking sheets with butter or cooking spray.
3) Place flour in a bowl and add baking powder and sugar in it and mix the ingredients well.
4) Add shortening in the bowl and mix well again.
5) Then add a couple of cups of buttermilk and mix well so as to make the mixture moist.
6) Generously flour a surface and roll out the dough over it. Make the dough an inch thick.
7) Cut the dough into biscuits with the help of a biscuit cutter.
8) Now place all the dough pieces on a prepared baking sheet.
9) Use quarter a cup of buttermilk to brush the tops of the dough pieces.
10) Then place the sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Make sure the biscuits turn golden in color.
11) Serve these delicious buttermilk biscuits.
For me, it’s always a treat to enjoy some biscuits. I never miss out to put these biscuits on my breakfast table. Most of the times, I don’t have much time to make biscuits and this is the time, simple and easy recipes go handy; buttermilk biscuits can be prepared in just about half an hour and if you are good at handling ingredients and utensils, you can make them in even better time. I first came to know this recipe from a friend who works at a local restaurant. Thanks to him! Don’t forget to share the recipe with your friends in case you loved it.