- Butternut Squash1
- White Sugar1 Cups
- Milk1 1/2 Cups
- Vanilla Extract1 Teaspoons
- Salt1 Pinch
- All Purpose Flour2 Tablespoons
- Margarine3/4 Cupsmelted
- Vanilla wafers16 Ounces
- Brown Sugar1 Cups
1) Preheat the oven to 220C/ 425 F.
2) Place the butternut squash in a microwave oven and heat it for about 3 minutes on high heat so that it’s quite soft.
3) Cut the butternut squash into half and remove all the seeds. Then cut it into cubes.
4) Put water in a large pot and bring the pot over medium heat; let the water boil.
5) Add butternut squash cubes in the pot and cook for about 15 minutes so that the butternut squash is well cooked.
6) Remove the cooked butternut squash from the pot and mash it finely.
7) Now place the mashed butternut squash in a casserole dish (9 x13) add quarter a cup of margarine, milk, salt, and vanilla extract.
8) Then add white sugar, eggs, and flour in the dish and mix well.
9) Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes so that the casserole in just set.
10) Mix vanilla wafers with half a cup of margarine and brown sugar. Mix well so that the mixture is just smooth.
11) Spread this mixture over the butternut squash casserole.
12) Place the baking dish back in the oven and bake until it is quite brown.
13) Serve butternut squash casserole in dinner.
Casseroles are quite popular – not only in Mexico or Italy, but all over the world; most people love to have them in dinner but they also great as a lunch. Butternut squash casserole is a simple and easy-to-make casserole that gets ready in just about an hour. Most of my friends were asking me to put a recipe for butternut squash casserole but I couldn’t find much time due to some other responsibilities – but the wait is over now and I am posting this simple recipe for all the casserole lovers. The taste is more or less like the sweet potatoes casserole. Serve it as desired.