- Onion6 Tablespoonschopped
- Margarine4 Tablespoons
- Butternut Squash6 Cupspeeled and cubed
- Water3 Cups
- Chicken Bouillon4cubes
- Marjoram1/2 Teaspoonsdried
- Black Pepper1/4 Teaspoonsground
- Cayenne Pepper1/8 Teaspoons
- Cream Cheese8 Ounces
1) Place onions in a large saucepan and bring the pan over heat.
2) Cook the onions until they become soft and tender.
3) Add black pepper, cayenne pepper, water, bouillon, marjoram, and squash in the pan.
4) Allow the mixture to boil and then cook for about 20 minutes so that the squash becomes tender.
5) Place cream cheese and squash in a blender and blend for about 2 minutes on high speed so that the mixture becomes smooth.
6) Add it in the saucepan and heat well but don’t allow the mixture to boil.
7) Transfer the soup to serving bowl and serve it as an appetizer.
The great thing about this delicious Butternut Squash Soup is that the recipe is quite simple which can be fully executed in just about an hour. You can replace bouillon cubes and water with 4 cups of chicken broth. If you don’t want the soup to be that thick, reduce the amount of cream cheese to 4 ounces. Enjoy this delicious soup in chilled winter nights or serve it as an appetizer.