- Calamari2 Pounds
- Chianti Wine1 Cups
- Tomato Sauce4 Cups
- Lemon Juice2 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil1 Tablespoons
- Garlic2 TeaspoonsChopped
- Cayenne Pepper1/2 Teaspoons
- Black PepperTo Taste
- Basil1 Teaspoons
- Romano Cheese1/3 CupsGrated
Steps to make Calamari in Red Wine Tomato Sauce Recipe:
1) Set up the Calamari tubes on a cutting platter and slice into 1/2inch rings.
2) Take a non stick skillet and mix in red wine, lemon juice, tomato sauce, garlic, black pepper, cayenne pepper, olive oil, basil and cheese.
3) Mix thoroughly and bring to a simmer over moderate flame.
4) Turn the flame down to moderate low and leave to cook for half an hour.
5) Add the calamari rings to the skillet. Coat thoroughly and leave to cook for a further 25 minutes.
What an outstanding fish meal, this Calamari in Red Wine Tomato Sauce Recipe brings water to my mouth every time I think about it. One of the best fish tomato sauce combinations of all times! Thats a guarantee! Perfect for serving as a side fish, main course meal or even over your favorite boiled pasta!