- Heavy Cream1/4 Cups1 tablespoon extra
- Sugar1/2 Cups
- Butter3 Tablespoonsunsalted
- Vanilla Extract1/2 Teaspoons
- Water2 Tablespoons
1) Pour 2 tablespoon of water in a saucepan and add sugar in it.
2) Bring the saucepan over low heat for about 5 minutes and continue to stir so that the sugar gets well dissolved and the mixture turns golden brown in color.
3) Add butter in the pan and mix well so that the butter gets melted.
4) Remove the pan from heat and add vanilla extract and quarter a cup of heavy cream in it.
5) Mix well so that the mixture becomes thick and smooth.
6) Allow the mixture to cool for about 5 minutes.
7) Add 1 tablespoon of cream.
8) Mix well and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
9) Transfer it to a bowl and serve it chilled.
Caramel Sauce is a thick and creamy dip that is used as a topping for cakes, puddings, and desserts and the homemade version is a lot better in taste than the one sold in the market. You can prepare this delicious sauce in just about 15 minutes.
Make sure that the sugar doesn’t burn while you make the sugar syrup. You can store the sauce in the refrigerator and reheat it in a microwave oven before you serve it. To make it a bit salty, you can use salted butter.