- Garlic4 Cloves
- Shallots1/4 Cups
- Ginger Root1 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil3 Tablespoons
- Green Bell Pepper1seeded and chopped
- Tomato1 1/2 Cupspeeled, seeded and chopped
- Curry Powder2 Teaspoons
- Whole allspice berries1/2 Teaspoons
- Chicken Stock1/2 Cups
- Soy Sauce2 Tablespoons
- Brown Sugar1 Tablespoons
- Cornstarch2 Teaspoons
- Chile paste2 Tablespoons
- Rotini Pasta8 Ounces
- Shrimp1 1/2 Poundspeeled and deveined
- Cilantro1/2 Cups
1) Place minced garlic in a bowl and add ginger, shallots, and oil in it.
2) Then place green bell pepper, chicken stock, tomato, allspice, and curry powder in the bowl and mix well.
3) Now add brown sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, and chile paste in the bowl and give it a good stir.
4) Cover the bowls and place them in a refrigerator until you intend to use the mixtures.
5) Pour generously salted water in a pot and bring it over heat.
6) Add pasta in the pot and cook for about 10 minutes so that the pasta is well cooked. Drain the pasta to a colander.
7) Place a large sauté pan over high heat and add oil-garlic mixture it.
8) Sauté well until the garlic sizzles a bit (and is not browned yet).
9) Mix well the tomato mixture and then add it to the sauté pan.
10) Let the mixture come to a rapid boil and cook for about 3 minutes so that the sauce becomes quite thick.
11) Add shrimp in the pan and mix well for about 2 minutes so that the shrimp becomes pink.
12) Now add the pasta quickly and mix well; then toss until everything is well mixed and the pasta is well cooked; adjust all the spices according to taste, with special regard to salt.
13) Then transfer the mixture to a heated platter and then spread cilantro over it.
14) Serve the Caribbean pasta with shrimp immediately.
Caribbean pasta with shrimp is one of those shrimp and pasta recipes that are quite easy to prepare. It’s a sweet and spicy shrimp dish that gives a perfect tangy taste. If you want to make it quickly, be prepared to make the sauces quite ahead of time.