- Canned Tomato Sauce8 Ounces
- Sofrito Sauce1/4 Cups
- Sazon Seasoning1 packet of 0.18 ounce
- Abodo Seasoning1 Tablespoons
- Oregano1/2 Teaspoons
- SaltTo Taste
- Water1 Cups
- Potatoes2 CupsPeeled and Cubed
- Beef Stew Meat2 Pounds
1) Take a bowl and mix together sofrito sauce, tomato sauce, sazon seasoning and abodo seasoning.
2) Sprinkle salt and oregano over, and mix all ingredients thoroughly.
3) Transfer the contents of the bowl to a skillet over moderate flame. Leave to cook for 5 minutes time, stirring occasionally.
4) Add in the meat and coat well with the mixture. Cook until the meat is brown.
5) Add in water to a level so as to cover the whole of the meat. Boil for 60 minutes time.
6) Add in the potatoes and cook for another half hour. The potatoes should be soft once done. Serve over hot rice!
Some dishes are just near perfect. This Carne Guisada Recipe is just about a perfect dish from the Puerto Rican part of the world. It is one of the vintage dishes served in those regions and after tasting this dish, once can tell why! Goes stunning with hot fried or boiled rice.