- Butter1/4 Cups2 tbsp extra
- All Purpose Flour1/2 Cups
- Salt1 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper1 Teaspoons
- Garlic Powder1 Teaspoons
- Milk1 Tablespoons
- Cheddar Cheese1 Cups
- Bread Crumbs1/2 Cups
- Chicken breast halves3skinless, boneless
1) Preheat the oven to 175 C/350 F.
2) Generously apply quarter a cup of butter over a baking dish.
3) Place garlic powder in a bowl and add salt, pepper, and flour in it; do mix well.
4) Break open an egg in another bowl and add milk in it. Do beat well so that the mixture is quite smooth.
5) Place cheese in another bowl and add cereal and bread crumbs in it; mix well.
6) Now coat a chicken piece in the flour mixture, then dip it in the egg mixture, and then finally coat it with the bread crumbs-mixture; repeat the procedure with all the chicken pieces.
7) Place all the chicken pieces over the greased baking dish.
8) Now spread a couple of tbsp of butter over the chicken pieces.
9) Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes so that the chicken pieces turn golden brown and the juices are quite clear.
10) Serve the Cheddar Baked Chicken with any of your favorite dipping sauces and a salad.
Looking for some quick and easy dinner? Do try making Cheddar baked chicken and enjoy a perfectly healthy dinner. What I love about this dish is that flavors of all the ingredients are well infused in the meat, which gives your taste buds a perfect treat. Do serve this delicious chicken along plain rice and some veggie. Simple to prepare, the chicken can be prepared in less than an hour; so you don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen to come up with some dinner – good for someone like me who is quite tired once he comes back from the workplace.