- Whole Wheat Flour120 Gramssome extra for dusting
- All Purpose Flour60 Grams
- Butter40 Gramschilled
- Regular Cheese80 Grams
- Milk8 Tablespoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Baking Soda1/4 Teaspoons
- Baking Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Corn Starch1 Teaspoons
- Olive Oil3 Tablespoons
1) Place half a cup of all purpose flour in a bowl and add a cup of whole wheat flour, half a teaspoon each of salt, baking powder, and black pepper powder, and quarter a teaspoon of baking soda.
2) Mix the ingredients well using a spatula.
3) Add chilled butter (40 grams) in the bowl and mix well using a hand-held electric beater.
4) Add grated cheese and mix it lightly.
5) Add 3 tablespoon of milk and mix well again.
6) Now add the remaining milk and stir the mixture well.
7) Make a dough of all the mixture but don’t knead it.
8) Cover the bowl with a lid and place the bowl in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
9) Lightly flour a surface and roll the dough over it.
10) Use a biscuit cutter to cut the dough into the shape of biscuits.
11) Pour a tablespoon of olive oil or butter in a skillet and bring the skillet over low heat.
12) Put the biscuits in the skillet and flip over after a minute.
13) Turn over the biscuits again and again for about 5 minutes so that they become crispy and turn golden in color.
14) Transfer the biscuits to a wire rack and allow them to cool.
Serve the biscuits with any of your favorite cheese dips.
Cheese Biscuits look like bread and are quite similar to scones. The great thing about this recipe is that you can make these biscuits without any oven. Serve these biscuits with any dip or with coffee.