- EggplantSliced into 1/2 inch thick oval shapes
- Olive Oil2 Tablespoons
- Garlic Powder1 Tablespoons
- Garlic3 ClovesChopped
- Spinach Leaves10 Ounces
- Ricotta Cheese1/2 Cups
- Mozzarella Cheese3/4 CupsShredded
- Parmesan Cheese3/4 CupsGrated
- Tomato Pasta Sauce3/4 Cups
- Italian Seasoning2 Teaspoons
1) Flame your oven up to the 180 degree Celsius mark.
2) Spoon either side of the egg plant slices with olive oil and set them up on the greased baking dish.
3) Top with garlic powder and bake for 10-12 mintues time.
4) Heat up a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over moderate flame.
5) Add spinach, tomatoes, garlic and onion. Stir fry and mix over flame for a few minutes.
6) In another bowl, quickly toss together half cup of mozzarella cheese, half cup of parmesan cheese and half cup of ricotta cheese.
7) Top the partially baked eggplant slices with the prepared spinach mixture.
8) Then top with the prepared cheese mixture. Top the cheese layer with the spaghetti sauce.
9) Top with more Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan Cheese and then with Italian seasoning.
10) Bake for half an hour in the preheated oven. Serve hot and bubbly!
I have always been a massive fan of eggplant dishes. This Cheesy Baked Eggplant Recipe offers something different to eggplant lovers in a cheesy Italian sensation. A perfect main dish meal for vegetarians. Can also be had as an appetizer when you have got guests coming over. I would choose these over pasta dishes most of the times.