- Lime JuiceOf half a lime
- Yogurt1.5 Tablespoons
- Tandoori Masala Powder1.5 Tablespoons
- Black PepperTo Taste
- SaltTo Taste
- Chicken Thighs2 PoundsBoneless
1) Take a bowl and mix in salt, pepper, tandoori powder, yogurt and lime juice. Whisk together thoroughly.
2) Add chicken to the bowl with the prepared mixture. Coat well from all sides. Cover the bowl tightly with a plate or plastic bag. Refrigerate for 2 hours time.
3) When the marination time is over, transfer the chicken pieces to a flat surface layered with tissue papers. Gently wipe off the liqiuids from the chicken.
4) Flame up the grill for high heat and slightly oil the grill grate.
5) Grill the chicken on the hot grate for about 2 and a half minutes time.
6) Now seal the grill with its lid and grill the chicken for an additional 7 minutes time.
7) Flip the chicken and repeat Step 6. Serve hot with your favorite sauce or side order.
The word Tandoori comes from Tandoor, which means a clay oven used for traditional baking. Chef Johns Tandoori Chicken Recipe is a delicious spin off to the classic desi dish originating from India and South East Asia. The chicken marination comprises of lots of spices and yogurt as a primary ingredient. The hot tandoor oven makes sure the chicken is super tender and soft, hence very tasty!