- All Purpose Flour2 Cups
- Salt and PepperTo Taste
- Chicken4 PoundsSlices
- Vegetable Oil2 Tablespoons
- Garlic2 ClovesMinced
- Green Bell Pepper1Minced
- Tomatoes15 OuncesDiced
- Oregano1/2 Teaspoons
- White Wine1/2 Cups
- Mushrooms2 CupsSliced
1) Mix together pepper, salt and flour in a bowl.
2) Season the chicken pieces readily in the flour mixture.
3) Fry the coated chicken pieces in a greased skillet over moderate flame. Set aside once chicken is well cooked.
4) Saute onion, bell pepper and onion in the same skillet.
5) Add the fried chicken, followed by tomatoes and oregano.
6) Stir in the wine. Mix well and leave to cook for half an hour.
7) Throw in the mushrooms and season with salt and ground black pepper. Cook for another 10 minutes. Serve over freshly boiled pasta.
This is such a delicious dish, I had to make double the amount to fill my craving. Chicken Cacciatore Recipe makes extensive use of mushrooms to create a wonderful tomato sauce served over boiled pasta or noodles. Use red pepper flakes for extra spice.