- Chicken Breast Halves4skinless; boneless
- Salt1/4 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper1/8 Teaspoons
- Swiss Cheese6 Slices
- Cooked Ham4 Slices
- Bread Crumbs1/2 Cups
1) Preheat the oven to 175 C/ 350 F. Generously grease a baking dish (7 x 11) with cooking spray.
2) Using a meat mallet, pound the chicken breasts so that they are ¼ inch thick.
3) Spread salt and pepper over the chicken pieces.
4) Place a cheese slice over the chicken breasts. Then top it with a slice of ham.
5) Roll each of the chicken breasts using skewers or tooth picks.
6) Place the chicken breast pieces in a baking dish and then spread bread crumbs over the chicken pieces.
7) Now arrange the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes.
8) Remove the dish from the oven and add half a cheese slice over each of the chicken pieces.
9) Place the dish back in the oven and bake for about 4 to 5 minutes so that the cheese gets melted.
10) Remove the toothpicks from the chicken pieces and serve chicken cordon bleu with any of your favorite sauces.
Chicken Cordon Bleu is an unconventional but quite easy to prepare chicken main dish; the recipe is so simple that you can get to prepare it in less than an hour. I first enjoyed at my friend’s home and loved it. A week later, I tried the recipe at home and everybody enjoyed it to perfection. Cheese and ham are the special ingredients which add the characteristic touch to the chicken breasts. Coated with bread crumbs, the chicken pieces are a treat to the taste buds.