- Butter3 Teaspoons
- Garlic1 Teaspoonsminced
- Chicken Drumsticks10
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper1/4 Teaspoons
- Honey5 Teaspoons
- Soy Sauce2 Teaspoons
- Ground Ginger1/2 Teaspoons
- Water1 Cups2 tsp extra
- Cornstarch1 Teaspoons
- Peach1peeled and sliced
1) Place 2 tsp of butter in a skillet and bring the skillet over low heat; let the butter melt.
2) Add garlic in the skillet and cook the garlic for about 2 minutes so that the garlic turns quite soft.
3) Now add salt and pepper (according to taste) over the chicken pieces and then place the chicken pieces in the skillet.
4) Cook the chicken for about 15 minutes so that the chicken is quite browned from all the sides.
5) Once the chicken pieces turn quite brown in color, remove them from the skillet, and set them aside.
6) Add another teaspoon of butter in the skillet and let it melt; then add the onion slices in the skillet and mix well. Cook the onion for about 5 minutes so that the onions turn quite soft.
7) Then add soy sauce, a cup of water, ginger, and honey in the skillet and mix well.
8) Now add back the chicken drumsticks in the skillet and let the mixture come to a boil over high heat.
9) Then reduce the heat to medium-low and then spread the lemon slices over the top of the chicken pieces.
10) Cover the skillet with a lid and cook the mixture for about 15 minutes so that the chicken pieces are quite well cooked and are not pink anymore.
11) Transfer the cooked chicken drumsticks to a large platter and make sure you keep them quite warm.
12) Make an aqueous mixture of cornstarch by dissolving it with 2 tsp of water; add the cornstarch mixture into the sauce and mix well.
13) Peel off a peach and cut it into slices; add the peach slices in the skillet and cook well until the sauce becomes quite thick. Let the mixture come to another simmer.
14) Pour this thick and creamy sauce over the chicken pieces and serve chicken drumsticks with honey and peach alongside bread or rice. Do add a veggie salad and a dipping sauce too.
One of my friends went to Indonesia and there he invested some funds to open a restaurant. He repeatedly invited me to see his restaurant, but I couldn’t get out some time from my busy schedule. Fortunately, I got a chance to visit Jakarta, so I decided to visit his restaurant. He served me with these delicious chicken drumsticks; I was simply amazed. I had not taste any better chicken drumsticks, so I was mesmerized by the taste. He told me that this dish is quite popular among the food lovers and I always fall short of the demand. What I love about this recipe is the inclusion of peach, which adds a perfect taste to the dish, when combined with honey and other delicious ingredients. My friend is so lovely – I am saying this because he let me know the recipe for the drumsticks and I have tried the recipe several times at my home; everybody in my social circle loves it. Do serve the drumsticks over hot rice and get to enjoy a perfect dinner – you can also take it along a picnic –gets ready in just about an hour or so.