- Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast Halves6 SlicesCubed
- Butter6 TeaspoonsDivided
- Garlic4 ClovesMinced, Divided
- Italian Seasoning1 Tablespoons
- Mushrooms8 OuncesSliced
- All Purpose Flour1/3 Cups
- Salt1 Tablespoons
- White Pepper3/4 TeaspoonsGround
- Milk3 Cups
- Parmesan Cheese3/4 CupsGrated
- Colby-Monterey Jack Cheese8 OuncesShredded
- Roma Plum Tomatoes3Diced
- Sour Cream1/2 Cups
1) Stir 2 teaspoons butter, 2 cloves of garlic and Italian seasoning in a saucepan. Throw in the chicken. Cook the mixture over medium heat until the chicken turns slightly brown. Dont let the butter cook too much! Once done, set the pan aside.
2) In a pan of partially salted water, add pasta and allow to boil for 10 minutes. Dont let the pasta get too tender, for it is to be mixed later on. Drain the pasta, and set it aside!
3) Now that we have the pasta and the chicken mixture ready, lets go ahead and prepare the main thing. The white sauce itself! In a skiller, heat 4 teaspoons of butter over medium heat. Throw in onion, garlic and mushrooms. Saute! Lower the flame and add flour followed by salt n pepper to taste. Keep stiring for 1 or 2 minutes, then add milk little by little! This is important. Dont add all of the milk at once. Keep adding portion by portion, to allow for a creamy mixture to slowly form. Once the mixture starts appearing creamy, add both the cheeses(Parmesan and Colby-Monterey Jack). Keep stiring until the cheeses have been blended well with the cream.
4) Pour in the chicken mixture prepared in Step 1, followed by tomatoes and sour cream. Stir for 2 mins, remove from flame.
5) Serve the prepared white sauce mixture over boiled pasta and you’re good to go!
Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo is one of the greatest pasta delights ever! A creamy, cheesy pasta sensation that is a family favorite all over the world. No need to go to any expensive nearby dine in or take away, because the ease of this recipe would shock you into making your favorite Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo at home whenever you want.