- Boneless Chicken1 1/4 Pounds
- Soy Sauce1/2 Teaspoons
- Chili Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Red Chili Powder1 Teaspoons
- Corn Flour3 Tablespoons1 teaspoon extra for manchurian sauce
- All Purpose Flour2 Tablespoons
- Garlic3 Cloves
- Green Chili1
- Pepper Corns1/4 Teaspoons
- Oilfor deep frying
- Sesame Oil1 Tablespoons
- Oil1/2 Tablespoons
- Garlic1 Teaspoons
- Spring Green Onion2 Tablespoonschopped; 1 tbsp extra for garnish
- Spring Onion White3 Tablespoons
- Onion1/2 Cupsdiced
- Capsicum1/4 Cupsdiced
- Chili Sauce1/2 Teaspoons
- Tomato Sauce1/2 Tablespoons
- Soy Sauce1/2 Teaspoons
- Pepper Powderto taste
- Water3/4 Cups
- Cilantro2 Tablespoonsfinely chopped
1) Clean the chicken well with fresh water and chop it into small pieces.
2) Place ginger, garlic, pepper corns, and green chili in a mortar-pestle and grind the ingredients to make a very fine paste. (You can also use a blender for this purpose).
3) Use this ginger-garlic paste, chili powder, soy sauce, corn flour, all purpose flour, egg, and salt to marinate the chicken.
4) Mix well and allow the chicken to stand for about 60 minutes.
5) Pour some oil in a wok and allow it to heat.
6) Add marinated chicken pieces in the wok and deep fry them so that they become golden brown and crisp. Set aside the chicken pieces.
7) Chop onion and pepper into small pieces.
8) Place corn flour in a small bowl and add water in small batches until it becomes thick.
9) Pour sesame oil in a pan and heat it over low to medium heat.
10) Add chopped garlic, onion white, and onion green and stir fry it well.
11) Add onion and saute for about 60 seconds.
12) Add green pepper and stir fry for another minute.
13) Add pepper and again saute for a minute.
14) Add soy sauce, tomato sauce, chili sauce, salt, and pepper powder. Stir well again.
15) Add corn flour-water mixture and mix well again.
16) Cook the mixture for about 60 seconds on medium heat.
17) Add fried pieces of chicken in the pan.
18) Saute the chicken pieces in the sauce and cook for about 2 minutes on medium heat.
19) Once the chicken pieces become shiny and the sauce is well coated, turn off the stove.
20) Use cilantro and spring onion green to garnish the dish and serve it with Schezwan Rice.
Manchurian can be made with a number of main ingredients such as Mushrooms, Cauliflower, fish, and eggs. But among all the recipes, most popular across the globe is Chicken Manchurian and that’s my favorite too. I did not include vinegar and Chinese salt in the recipe but you can add these if you like. For the marination process, you may skip the egg if you like.