- Chicken Breast Halves4skinless, boneless
- Black Pepperto tasteground
- Panko Bread Crumbs4 Cups
- Parmesan Cheese3/4 Cupsgrated
- All Purpose Flour2 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil1 Cups1 tbsp extra
- Tomato Sauce1/2 Cups
- Fresh Mozzarella1/4 Cups
- Fresh Basil1/4 Cupschopped
- Provolone Cheese1/4 Cupsgrated
1) Preheat the oven to 230 C/ 450 F.
2) Put the chicken breast pieces in between two heavy plastic sheets on a solid surface.
3) Using a meat mallet, smooth the chicken breast pieces until they are ½ inch thick.
4) Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken.
5) Place eggs in a bowl, beat them well, and set the bowl aside.
6) Place half a cup of Parmesan in another bowl and add bread crumbs in it. Mix well and set the bowl aside.
7) Coat the chicken breast pieces with flour and dip each of the coated pieces in the beaten eggs.
8) Now coat the chicken breast pieces with bread crumbs and set them aside for 15 minutes.
9) Pour a cup of olive oil in a large skillet, bring it over medium heat, and allow it to simmer.
10) Place the chicken breast pieces and cook for about 2 minutes from each side so that they turn golden.
11) Place the chicken pieces in a baking dish and use one-third a cup of tomato sauce to apply on each chicken breast piece.
12) Now top each of the breast pieces with basil, mozzarella cheese, and provolone cheese.
13) Spread 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese on top and then apply a tablespoon of olive oil.
14) Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes so that the chicken pieces are well cooked and the cheese gets melted.
15) Check the temperature of the dish. It must read about 165 F.
16) Transfer the chicken pieces to serving dish and serve.
Homemade Chicken Parmesan is different from the one sold in the market as it is crispier than the market version. For best taste, you need to use best quality tomato sauce. If you have fresh mozzarella cheese, do make sure that you cut it into cubes rather than shredding it.