- Olive Oil2 Tablespoons
- Chicken Thighs8skinless
- Cranberries1/2 Cupsdried
- Apricots1/2 Cupschopped
- Chicken Broth2 Cups
- Tomato Paste2 Tablespoons
- Lemon Juice2 Tablespoons
- All Purpose Flour2 Tablespoons
- Garlic Salt2 Teaspoons
- Cumin1 1/2 Teaspoonsground
- Ginger1 1/2 Teaspoonsground
- Cinnamon1 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper3/4 Teaspoonsground
- Water1 Cups
- Couscous1 Cups
1) Pour olive oil in a skillet and bring the skillet over medium heat.
2) Allow the oil to get heated and then add eggplant and boneless chicken pieces.
3) Mix well and cook so that the chicken pieces turn brown in color. Once you are done with this, remove the skillet from heat.
4) Now place egg plant and cooked chicken pieces in a slow cooker.
5) Arrange a layer of cranberries, sliced onion, apricots, and carrot slices over the chicken pieces.
6) Take a bowl and add lemon juice in it.
7) Then add chicken broth, garlic salt, ginger, black pepper, cumin, cinnamon, flour, and tomato paste in it.
8) Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker along with vegetables and chicken.
9) Cook the mixture over high for about 8 hours.
10) Now cook for another 8 hours over low.
11) Pour water in a saucepan and allow it to boil over medium heat.
12) Remove the pan from heat and transfer the water to a boil.
13) Add couscous in the bowl and mix well.
14) Cover the bowl and set it aside for about 5 minutes.
15) Beat the mixture with a fork and add it to the cooker.
16) Serve the chicken tagine as a main dish with a sauce of your choice.
A great mixture of spice and sweet, this slow cooker dish was able to make me lick my lips as it’s quite delicious in taste.