- Yogurt1 Cups
- Lemon Juice1 Tablespoons
- Cumin2 Teaspoonsground
- Cinnmamon1 Teaspoonsground
- Cayenne Pepper1 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper2 Teaspoons
- Ginger1 Tablespoonsminced
- Salt7 Teaspoons
- Chicken Breasts3boneless, skinless; cut into bite-size pieces
- Long Skewers4
- Butter1 Tablespoons
- Garlic1 Clovesminced
- Jalapeno Pepper1
- Cumin2 Teaspoons
- Paprika2 Teaspoons
- Tomato Sauce8 Ounces
- Heavy Cream1 Cups
- Cilantro1/4 Cupschopped
1) Place yogurt in a bowl and add lemon juice, black pepper, and cumin (2 tbsp) in it.
2) Then add cinnamon, ginger, cayenne, and salt (4 tbsp) in the bowl and mix well.
3) Add chicken in the bowl, stir well, and cover the bowl.
4) Place the bowl in a refrigerator for about an hour.
5) Preheat a grill to high heat and generously oil the grill grate.
6) Thread the marinated chicken pieces onto the skewers and discard the marinade.
7) Place the skewers on the preheated grill and grill for about 5 minutes. Then turn over the skewers and grill for another 5 minutes.
8) Place butter in a heavy skillet and bring the skillet over medium heat. Let the butter melt.
9) Add garlic and jalapeno in the butter and saute them for about a minute.
10) Add a couple of teaspoon of cumin along with some salt (3 tsp) and paprika in the skillet.
11) Add cream and tomato sauce in the skillet and mix well.
12) Cook the mixture over low heat for about 20 minutes so that the sauce becomes quite thick.
13) Add grilled chicken pieces in the skillet and cook for another 10 minutes.
14) Transfer the chicken to the serving plate and garnish it with fresh cilantro.
15) Serve chicken tikka masala with any of your favorite breads or rice along with tomato cream sauce.
Once I had a trip to the Indian sub-continent and I was able to visit Pakistan, India, and Srilanka. I was amazed to find that chicken is equally popular throughout the region and especially in India and Pakistan. Sub-continent’s food is generally spicy and Chicken Tikka is a great example of it. Over the years, I have seen a lot of marinades, but the marinade in this recipe is certainly the best – a yummy combination of yogurt, cinnamon, black pepper, and other such ingredients. I love to serve chicken tikka with tomato cream sauce (as prescribed in the recipe) but you can have your own choice too. Do serve it with rice or any of your favorite breads. Spend about two and a half hour in the kitchen to come up with this perfect chicken main dish.