- Hoisin Sauce3 Tablespoons
- Peanut Butter2 Tablespoons
- Brown Sugar2 Tablespoons
- Hot Chile Paste3/4 Teaspoons
- Ginger1 Teaspoonsgrated
- Rice White Vinegar3 Tablespoons
- Sesame Oil1 Tablespoons
- Chicken breast halves1 Poundsskinless, boneless
- Wonton wrappers16shredded
- Lettuce4 Cupstorn, washed and dried
- Carrots2 Cupsshredded
- Green Onions Bunch1chopped
- Cilantro1/4 Cupschopped
1) Place hoisin sauce in a bowl and add sesame oil and ginger in it.
2) Then add brown sugar, vinegar, peanut butter, and chili paste in the mixture.
3) Mix the ingredients well so that you make a good dressing for the salad.
4) Arrange the chicken breast pieces on a baking sheet and then place the sheet in a broiler.
5) Broil for about 10 minutes so that the chicken pieces are well cooked. Check for the temperature using an instant thermometer and make sure it reads 74 C/ 165 F.
6) Allow the chicken breasts to cool down and then cut them into slices.
7) Preheat the oven to 175 C/ 350 F.
8) Take a shallow pan of large size and apply a generous coat of vegetable spray over it.
9) Arrange all the shredded wontons in a layer in the pan.
10) Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake them for about 20 minutes so that they turn golden in color.
11) Place the wontons in a bowl and add chicken breast pieces, cilantro, lettuce, carrots, and green onions in it.
12) Add dressing over the chicken mixture and mix well.
13) Serve this delicious Chinese chicken salad.
Chinese Chicken Salad is one of the most popular chicken salads served all over the world. Hoisin sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, ginger, and vinegar give it a just perfect taste, while veggies like carrots, cilantro, and onion add a lot of health to it.