- Margarine1 Cupssoftened
- White Sugar2 Cups
- Vanilla Extract2 Teaspoons
- All Purpose Flour3 Cups
- Baking Soda2 Teaspoons
- Cocoa Powder1/4 Cupsunsweetened
- Lite Sour Cream1 Cups
- Chocolate Chips1 Cupssemi-sweet
1) Preheat the oven to 175 C/ 350 F and then generously grease two loaf pans (9 x 5) with butter or cooking spray.
2) Place margarine in a large bowl and add sugar in it. Mix well.
3) Then add eggs in the bowl and beat well so that the mixture is quite smooth and creamy and there are no lumps at all.
4) Add vanilla extract and bananas in the bowl and mix well again; then add cocoa, flour and baking soda and give it another mix.
5) Then add chocolate chips in the bowl along with sour cream and mix well so that the mixture is quite smooth.
6) Now transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pans and then place the pans in the preheated oven.
7) Bake the batter in the preheated oven for about an hour; poke a teaser in the center of the bread and make sure it comes out clean.
8) Let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes; then transfer the bread to a wire rack so that it cools down completely.
9) Cut the chocolate banana bread into slices and serve it along a cup of milk.
I had tried a lot of banana bread recipes in my kitchen and believe me, every recipe was equally amazing; but I had just one problem in all the breads; I am sure most of the parents would be quite aware of this problem which I am just going to share with all of you; my children didn’t like any of the banana breads I had baked for them. Each morning, I used to try to make them eat the bread in the breakfast, so that they are able to enjoy a healthy and delicious breakfast. But all of them didn’t like the bread at all. All of a sudden, I got a solution for this problem. I decided to add chocolate in the original banana bread recipe and came up with chocolate banana bread. Since that day, I am able to provide my children with a perfect and healthy breakfast of their choice. Cocoa, sour cream, and chocolate chips provide the bread with a moist and creamy touch that is always a treat to the taste buds. The great thing is that you can come up with such a moist and perfect bread in just about an hour or so if you are great at handling ingredients and utensils.