- All purpose flour3 Cups
- Sugar2 Cups
- Cocoa powder1 3/4 Cups
- Baking soda2 Teaspoons
- Salt1 Teaspoonsa pinch extra too
- Water2 Cupshot
- Vegetable oil3/4 Cups
- Distilled vinegar2 Tablespoons
- Instant coffee granules2 Tablespoons
- Vanilla extract3 Tablespoons
- Butter4 Ouncesunsalted
- Granulated sugar1 1/2 Cups
- Heavy whipping cream1 1/4 Cups
- Sour cream1/4 Cups
- Ice cream3/4 Quarts
- Sprinkles1/4 Cups
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2) Use liners to line 30 cupcake pans.
3) Place sugar, cocoa, flour, salt, and baking soda in a large sized mixing bowl. Whisk the mixture well until the ingredients become incorporated.
4) In another large mixing cup, mix water, vinegar, instant coffee, vanilla, and oil. Whisk it well.
5) Add the water mixture to the flour mixture and whisk it well until the batter takes the shape of a batter. Don’t worry if there are a few lumps in it.
6) Pour the batter into the cupcake pans. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Poke a teaser in the middle of 2 to 3 cup cakes and see if it comes out clean. If yes, you have baked it well.
7) Allow the cakes to cool completely.
1) Put butter in a large saucepan and bring the saucepan over medium heat. Allow the butter to melt well.
2) Add cocoa, salt, and sugar to the butter. Mix the ingredients well so that the mixture becomes grainy and thick.
3) Place sour cream, instant coffee, and heavy cream in a measuring cup of large size.
4) Add the cream mixture to the saucepan slowly and mix it well until the ingredients become well incorporated.
5) Place the mixture over heat for about 6 to 8 minutes so that the sugar gets dissolved. Heat the mixture but do not let it boil.
6) Place the frosting in a bowl and allow it to cool for about 2 hours or so, so that it is easy to spread it (you may also freeze it for some time if you want to apply the frosting earlier. In case it gets a bit hard, place it in a microwave oven for about half a minute).
7) Use the chocolate frosting to top each of the cake. Refrigerate the cupcakes.
8) Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
9) Line another cookie sheet with wax paper and place it in the freezer.
10) Once cooled, place the cupcakes on the cookie sheet.
Sprinkled ice cream:
1) Place the ice cream in a bowl and allow it to get soft for a while.
2) Add quarter a cup of sprinkles on the ice cream.
3) Place the ice cream in the freezer so that it gets a bit firm. Deal with the cupcakes while ice cream gets firm.
Preparing the cupcakes:
1) Cut a large circle in each of the cupcakes with a paring knife.
2) Run down the knife to the bottom the cake and lift out the cut part.
3) Add a teaspoon of ice cream into each cupcake.
4) Place the top generously.
5) Fill the cup cakes with ice cream and fill 3 to 4 cupcakes each time. As soon as you are done with them, place the cupcakes in the freezer (on the cookie sheet placed in the freezer earlier), so that the ice cream doesn’t melt.
6) Use a plastic wrap to cover the cupcakes.
7) Chill the cupcakes for about 4 hours before you serve it (you can store the cupcakes in a freezer for about a month if placed in a large Ziploc bag).
Here we are not going to teach you how to make vanilla ice cream, but only the delicious chocolate cupcakes. These cupcakes are easy to make at home. Without spending so much time in your kitchen, feel free to prepare these small sized cakes for the next party of your children. I am sure they would love it a lot.