- All Purpose Flour1 Cups
- Cocoa Powder3 Tablespoons
- Baking Powder1 Teaspoons
- Baking Soda1/2 Teaspoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Cinnamon1/2 Teaspoons
- Margarine1/2 Cups
- Brown Sugar1/2 Cups
- White Sugar1/2 Cups
- Vanilla Extract1 Teaspoons
- Rolled Oats1 1/4 Cups
- Semisweet chocolate chips1/2 Cups
1) Preheat the oven to 175 C/ 350 F. Generously grease cookie sheets with butter or cooking spray.
2) Place flour in a bowl and add salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, and cinnamon in it. Mix well so that the mixture is quite smooth; set the bowl aside.
3) Then place margarine in another bowl and add white sugar and brown sugar in it. Mix well
4) Break open an egg in a small cup and beat it well.
5) Now add the beaten egg and vanilla in the bowl and mix well.
6) Then add the flour mixture with a wooden spoon.
7) Add the chocolate chips and oats in the bowl and mix well.
8) Now transfer the batter over the cookie sheets using tablespoon so that the batter takes the form of dough balls; make sure that the dough balls are 2 inches apart from each other.
9) Place the cookie sheets in the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes so that the cookies turn light brown in color.
10) Let the cookies cool down for about 5 minutes over the cookie sheets; then transfer the cookies over a wire rack and let the cookies cool down completely.
11) Serve the chocolate oatmeal cookies as desired.
Cookies not only provide you with delicious taste but the fact is that they also let you get a perfect power punch too. If you are one of those who don’t like chocolate or if you can’t eat chocolate due to some medical reasons, do use raisins in the recipe instead. Get to prepare these delicious cookies in just about half an hour or so.