- Water2 Cups
- Brown Rice1 Cups
- Vegetable Oil1 Tablespoons
- Garlic3 Cloves
- Cod Fillets1 Pounds
- Curry Powder1 1/2 Tablespoons
- Chili Powder2 Teaspoons
- Turmeric1 Teaspoons
- Cumin1 Teaspoons
- Saltto taste
- Pepperto taste
- Coconut milk14 Ounces
- Stir-fry vegetables16 Ouncesfrozen
- Cornstarch1 Tablespoons
1) Place in a pot and then add water to it.
2) Bring the pot over medium heat and allow the rice to boil.
3) Reduce the heat to low and again cook for about 45 minutes.
4) Place oil in a skillet and bring the skillet over medium heat.
5) When the oil gets heated, add garlic and onion in the skillet and cook for about a minute.
6) Add cod in the skillet and then add pepper, curry powder, salt, chili powder, cumin, and turmeric.
7) Now add coconut milk and mix well again. Then add frozen vegetables and mix well again.
8) Cover the skillet and cook for another 10 minutes so that the vegetables are well cooked. By this time, the cod must be flaked with a fork quite easily.
9) Transfer half a cup of liquid from the skillet to a bowl.
10) Add cornstarch in the bowl and mix well again.
11) Transfer the mixture back to the skillet and cook again so that the sauce becomes quite thick.
12) Serve the coconut fish curry with cooked rice, a dip, and salad.
Fish isn’t always fried, right? So, what about making a curry of it? This delicious coconut fish curry is quite easy to prepare and the ingredients are quite simple too. Most people love to have it with rice but I also love it with bread or plain. Get to prepare this delicious curry in just about half an hour. Serve your friends with this curry and make them appreciate your cooking skills.