- Coconut1 1/2 Cupsshredded
- Water4 Cups
- Sea Salt1 Pinch
- Vanilla extract1 Teaspoons
1) Add coconut, sea salt, and water in a blender and beat the ingredients well.
2) Turn off the blender so that you can add vanilla extract and dates in it. Blend at low speed early on and increase the speed later.
3) Mix the ingredients for about 2 minutes so that the milk becomes creamy and there are no pieces of shredded coconut left in the blender.
4) Use a rubber band to attach a paint bag, cheesecloth, or a nut milk bag over a large jar. This will act as a sieve.
5) Pour the mixture in the blender into the jar through the sieve.
6) Collect the pulp (from the sieve) and set it aside.
7) Place the strained milk in the refrigerator for about 4 days.
4 cups of coconut milk are ready.
Making coconut milk is easier that making almond-milk as you do not need to soak coconuts before use. Used as an ingredient in a number of recipes, coconut milk is a delicious and energy-rich drink, which you can add to your breakfast or drink it before you go to bed. I have tried the recipe with shredded coconut, and it didn’t take me too long to come with this tasty drink, and the process was simple too.
I would suggest you to use a powerful blender instead of an ordinary one, so that you are able to save time. In case you use an ordinary one, be patient and process the ingredients for a longer time period, so that everything is well mixed. You may also soak the coconuts before use.
I used dates to give it a sweet taste. You can try adding brown sugar, white sugar, low-calorie sugar, or do it without any sugar. I promise it will go great each time you alternate the sugar ingredient.