- Rice250 Grams
- French Beans1/3 Cups
- Curry Leaves6
- Green Peas1/2 Cups
- Green Chili1
- Green Cardamoms4
- Mace Strand1
- Cumin Seeds1/2 Teaspoons
- Coconut Milk3/4 Cups
- Water1 1/4 Cups
- Coriander leavesfor garnishing
- Saltto taste
1) Rinse the rice in fresh water and then soak them in water for about 20 minutes.
2) Drain the rice and set them aside.
3) Chop all the vegetables finely and cut the onions into slices.
4) Place a ginger (1/2-inch), 3 garlic cloves, and a green chili in a mortar-pestle and crush them to make a fine paste.
1) Pour a couple of tablespoon of oil in a pressure cooker and then and add a cinnamon, a strand of mace, half a teaspoon of cumin seeds, 4 cloves, and 4 green cardamoms.
2) Saute the spices so that they leave their aroma and crackle.
3) Add a cup of onion slices along with 6 curry leaves or an Indian bay leaf. Mix everything well.
4) Saute the onions until they turn light golden in color.
5) Now add crushed ginger-garlic paste in the pressure cooker. Saute the mixture until the aroma of garlic and ginger is no more there.
6) Add 12 chopped cashews in the cooker.
7) Now you need to add mixed vegetables in the pressure cooker. Mix well and saute the vegetables for about 60 seconds.
8) Now add rice and stir the rice well with other ingredients.
9) Add ¾ cup of coconut milk in the rice
10) Now add a cup of water and mix well again. Season the rice with salt.
11) Cover the pressure cooker and cook for about 9 minutes or until 2 whistles.
12) Remove the lid and fluff the rice generously.
13) Garnish the rice with chopped mint leaves.
14) Serve the coconut milk rice with a yogurt dip or salad.
Coconut Milk Rice is mild-textured rice which carries a great aroma. Coconut milk and mixed vegetables are added in the rice to give it a great taste and texture. The great thing about this rice is that they can be cooked quite quickly. Coconut milk gives it a great taste and aroma. You may remove the vegetables if you don’t like them or add vegetables of your choice. You may serve the rice with salad or any of your favorite yogurt dips. You can increase the amount of coconut milk to 1 cup if you want to increase the texture of coconut.