- Shortening1/2 Cups
- Packed Brown Sugar1 Cups
- White Sugar1 Cups
- Vanilla Extract1 Teaspoons
- Butter1/2 Cups
- All Purpose Flour2 Cups
- Coconut1 Cupsflaked
- Baking Powder1 Teaspoons
- Baking Soda1 Teaspoons
- Rolled Oats2 Cups
1) Preheat the oven to 175 C/ 350 F.
2) Grease the cookie sheets with butter or cooking spray.
3) Place shortening in a bowl and add butter in it. Mix well.
4) Then add brown sugar and white sugar in the bowl and give it another mix.
5) Now add vanilla extract and eggs in the bowl and blend well until everything is quite smooth. Set the bowl aside.
6) Place all purpose flour in a bowl and add baking powder, baking soda, and rolled oats in it. Mix well so that everything is smooth.
7) Now add flaked coconut in the bowl and give it another good stir.
8) Then add the coconut mixture to the shortening mixture and mix well.
9) Now transfer the batter over the greased cookie sheets drop by drop; make sure the batter drops are at a distance of about 2 inches from each other.
10) Place the cookie sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes so that the cookies are just golden.
11) Remove the cookie sheets from the oven so that you don’t let the cookies get hard.
12) Serve the coconut oatmeal cookies with a cup of milk or tea.
One of the most unconventional cookies, coconut oatmeal cookies is sure to please everyone who is in love with delicious cookies. I learnt this recipe from my dad and now I am passing it over to my kids. The cookies are not only popular among my family members, but my friends love it too. The great thing is that you can come up with these delicious cookies in just about half an hour.