- All Purpose Flour1 Cups
- Beer2/3 Cups
- Baking Powder1.5 Teaspoons
- Flaked Coconut2 Cups
- ShrimpsAs many as required ( 24 for this recipe)
- Oil for Deep Frying
1) Mix together flour, egg and baking powder in a bowl. Stir in beef and mix well.
2) Mix together flour and coconut in another bowl.
3) Dip shrimps in flour and then in the beer batter from Step 1. Cover the shrimp in coconut.
4) Layer the coconut shrimps on a non stick tray and refrigerate for half an hour.
5) Heat up oil in a deep fryer over high flame.
6) Once refrigerated, fry the shrimps in the hot deep fryer. Keep stirring and turning the shrimps to ensure they are readily being cooked.
The beer batter used to coat the shrimps in this delicious Coconut Shrimp Recipe is just brilliant. These shrimps taste very unique and tasty. Also fairly easy to prepare. Use your favorite dip sauce, can be hot or sweet, depending on your mood.