- All Purpose Flour3/4 Cups
- Baking Powder1 1/2 Teaspoons
- Flaked Coconut2 Cups
- Oilfor frying
1) Place half a cup of flour in a bowl and add egg and baking powder in it. Mix the ingredients well so that everything becomes smooth.
2) Place coconut and quarter a cup of flour in another bowl.
3) Grasp the shrimp from the tail and scour it in the flour. Shake off the excess flour from the shrimp.
4) Now dip the shrimp in the egg-mixture. Hold the shrimp so that it drips off the excess dip.
5) Now roll the shrimp in the coconut.
6) Line wax paper on a baking sheet and place the shrimp over it.
7) Repeat the procedure with all the shrimps.
8) Place the sheet in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
9) Pour oil in a deep frying pan and heat it to 350 F.
10) Now place the shrimps in small batches for about 3 minutes so that they turn golden brown in color. Do turn them once while frying.
11) Transfer the shrimps to paper towels and let them drain off excess oil.
12) Serve the coconut shrimps with any of your favorite sauces.
Coconut Shrimps are great to have if you want to enjoy some crispy and quick lunch instead of having a wholesome meal. The great thing about this recipe is that the ingredients are quite simple and you can get it ready in just about an hour. You may use any of your favorite sauces but I love to have it with tomato sauce or orange marmalade.